Your Top BOTOX® Questions, Answered
- Posted on: Jun 26 2013
It’s no secret that the body’s natural aging process can take a toll on our face, leaving us with lines, wrinkles, and more. It seems an inevitability that once we hit a certain age, we’ll simply have to accept wrinkles. However, there are a number of cosmetic procedures that work to slow down or reverse the aging process; one of the most popular being BOTOX® Cosmetic. This minimally-invasive injectable works to smooth the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, affording patients a fresh, rejuvenated appearance. Ready to learn more about what BOTOX can do for you?
Top 5 Patient Questions about BOTOX Cosmetic
- What exactly is BOTOX? BOTOX Cosmetic is a minimally-invasive injectable – derived from botulinum toxin – that works to improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines on the face. This non-surgical treatment option allows patients to reap the rewards of a smoother, more refreshed appearance through a series of simple injections.
- How does it work? BOTOX works by blocking nerve impulses in the injected muscles, thereby reducing the muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles to form. This also allows muscles to relax and soften, leaving you with a smoother looking appearance.
- Do the results last? Results from BOTOX can begin to appear in just days, with the full results appearing in usually about a month. The effects can last for up to four months at a time, allowing you to enjoy a younger appearance without the need for constant injections.
- Is it painful? While some patients experience a slight discomfort at the injection site, it is usually minimal and short-lived. The injections are small and the procedure is completed quickly, making any slight pain or discomfort usually very temporary.
- How can I learn more? If you’re ready to find out how BOTOX Cosmetic can rejuvenate your appearance, schedule an appointment with Dr. Perron today. You’ll be able to find out if you’re a suitable candidate, and learn more about what this innovative and effective procedure can do.
BOTOX® Cosmetic in Calgary
To learn more about what BOTOX can do for you, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Calgary, Alberta, and can be reached at (403) 228-7076. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Botox