Top Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
- Posted on: Sep 26 2013
Regardless of age, very few people want to walk around with puffy, saggy, or tired looking eyes. While we may not be able to stop the aging process, there is no reason to keep the “tired” eye look. One popular treatment option is eyelid surgery, or “blepharoplasty.” This surgery is used for both cosmetic reasons, as well as for practical eye health reasons.
Let’s take a closer look at eyelid surgery to see why you may want to consider this procedure.
Top 5 Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
- Enhance your appearance. This procedure works to remove excess fat, loose skin, and muscle from around the lower and upper eyelid areas. This affords patients a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Eyelid surgery can even be combined with BOTOX® Cosmetic for enhanced results.
- Improves your vision. Although many men and women elect to have eyelid surgery for cosmetic reasons, there are practical applications as well. With age, the skin around the eyes becomes saggy, often falling into eyes and diminishing one’s vision. Eyelid surgery can help correct loose, droopy skin, thereby stopping it from impairing your vision.
- Long-lasting results. Unlike many other cosmetic procedures, an eyelid surgery yields permanent results. Patients are usually not required to undergo a second surgery, and most report high levels of success post-surgery.
- Safe and time-efficient. Eyelid surgery is performed in a doctor’s office, under local anesthesia. The procedure itself is very quick, only taking a few hours. Eyelid surgery is not considered a painful procedure, though some patients may experience some normal bruising or swelling after the procedure, and some may require painkillers or eye drops to relieve the pain. In most cases, however, sutures are removed within five days, and patients are able to return to normal activities then. However, each patient is different, and it is necessary to discuss all of your medical needs and history with your doctor before electing for eyelid surgery.
- Available in Calgary. We are proud to offer blepharoplasty in our Calgary office. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out if it is the right choice for you.
Blepharoplasty in Calgary
If you have any questions about liposuction, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Calgary, Alberta, and can be reached at (403) 228-7076. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Eyelid Surgery